2017 Tournament Rules:
- SPORTSMANSHIP: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each participant. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles or violation of any local, state or federal laws may be deemed cause for disqualification. Any act of a competitor - verbal or physical, that reflects unfavorably upon this tournament's effort to promote fishing, conservation, clean waters, courtesy and safety shall be reason for disqualification from this and all future tournaments.
- ELIGIBILITY: Eligibility of the two (2) person team participating in the Oilmen's Bass Classic is subject to qualification and approval by the Oilmen's Bass Classic registration committee. Decisions of the committee are final.
The CAPTAIN of the two (2) person team's annual income must be (or has been retired) directly derived from being employed or engaged in the exploration, production, drilling, refining, and/or servicing of the oil and gas industry. The second person of the two (2) person team can be anyone chosen by the team captain, regardless of that person's occupation, if any. Not eligible: Anyone who is serving as a licensed guide or has guided without a license for pay on the tournament lake within the past twelve (12) months will not be eligible. Anyone who has two (2) or more recognizedprofessional bass fishing circuit tournaments with an entry fee of $500.00 per individual in the past twelve (12) months is not eligible. Any individual fishing competitively to earn their living is considered a "professional" and is not eligible to fish.
Participants must have a valid Texas or Louisiana fishing license. The rules and regulation committee reserves the right to refuse any entry application. Applicants may be required to furnish the committee with proof of eligibility.
- SAFETY: Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times. Drunkenness on the part of any contestant will not be tolerated. All boat must be equipped with some type of emergency kill switch. A US COAST GUARD APPROVED LIFE VEST MUST BE WORN, FASTENED AND ATTACHED TO THE EMERGENCY KILL SWITCH ANY TIME THE BOAT IS MOVING ABOVE IDLE SPEED.
- TEAMS: Teams will consist of two (2) eligible
individuals registering as such. There must be two (2)
registered contestants in the boat at all times, and no one
is allowed in the boat who is not a member of the team.
Any contestant's action will directly reflect on his
teammate.There will be no use of guides during
tournament competition in any manner.
- TACKLE: Only artificial lures can be used; no prepared or live bait other than pork rind strips may be used. Only rod and reel outfits may be used.No trolling is permitted.
- SCORING: Scoring will be based on the weight in pounds of bass (Largemouth, Kentucky or Spotted) with a minimum length of 14 inches measured on a flat board. Fish presented for weighing that are less than 14 inches in length will be disqualified prior to weighing and one pound per undersized fish will be deducted as a penalty. Only 5 fish per team, per day will be counted. Teams are not allowed to have more than 5 fish in their permanent possession at any time, except for culling the 6th fish. If more than 5 fish are kept in a team's possession, that team shall be disqualified for the day and shall receive no weight for the day.
It is the responsibility of the team to keep fish alive. A determination of whether the fish are alive or dead will be made at the scales and a bonus of .10 pound will be awarded for each live fish weighed in. No fish may be kept by any contestant with the exception of a trophy fish.
- FISHING HOURS: Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. each morning.
Teams numbered 1-150 must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. on the first day and be in the weigh-in line at Cypress Bend Resort by 3:00 p.m. Teams numbered 151 and above must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. on the first day and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Teams numbered 1-150 must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. on the second day and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Teams numbered 151 and above must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. on the second day and be in the weigh-in line by 3:00 p.m. It is the responsibility of each team to understand and abide by the prescribed fishing hours and weigh-in times as they will be strictly enforced and are grounds for disqualification if violated.
Official time will be kept by the weigh-in committee at the weigh-in site.
- LAUNCH SITE: Contestants will be allowed to trailer boats to any landing on Toledo Bend. However, fishing is allowed only during tournament hours and weigh in time must be observed. Contestants will be allowed to launch at Cypress Bend site, but WILL NOT be allowed to pickup during weigh in hours unless approved by the Weigh Master.
- TIES: In the event of a tie for 1st place, positions will
be determined by contestants largest bass.In all other ties,
if there is a difference in the monetary prize, the next prize
will be added together and divided by two, each team
receiving an equal share.
- BOATS: Boats may be used that are 14 feet or longer.
Contestants may not change boats during tournament hours.
- POLYGRAPH TEST: Each contestant agrees to submit,
by his signature on this application, to a polygraph test to be
given at the discretion of the tournament committee.
The administration & interpretation of the polygraph test
is solely the responsibility of the tournament committee
and its agents. Any contestant determined by the polygraph
examiner or other tournament officials to be intoxicated or
under the influence of any type of alcohol or illegal drugs
at the time said contestant is required to take the
polygraph examination, contestant will not be tested.
Such contestants will be subject to review by the
tournament committee and disqualification could result.
- PROTESTS: Complaints or protest must be submitted
to the tournament committee within 30 minutes after weigh-in
each day. All decisions rendered by the committee are final.
- ENCROACHMENT: A team is not permitted to approach
nearer than 50 yards to any other boat which is tied or anchored
with trolling motor out of water unless permission has been granted.
- ENTRY SUBMITTAL: Entries may be submitted by US Postal
Service mail, special service such as Federal Express, by filling out
the registration form on our website www.oilmensbassclassic.com,
or by email to email@example.com.
- REGISTRATION: Each team must register with tournament
(337) 983-9845Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
committee between 12:00 NOON & 8:00 P.M., Thursday,
June 8, 2017 at Cypress Bend Resort. They may pick up their
ditty bags and shirt orders at this time. No late registrations will
be allowed. Any teams failing to register by 8:00 P.M. may be
subject to replacement.
* For more information call: